Berry Kruijning, LL.M, PHR, CP is a coach, consultant, and conflict resolution expert based in Portland, Oregon. She founded Crowning Communications LLC to guide leaders through the process of untangling conflict and confronting avoidance, fear and resistance to difficult situations at work and at home.
Berry holds a deep belief that conflict, handled skillfully, is an opportunity for tremendous personal and professional growth. She has devoted her career to developing an approach to conflict resolution that emphasizes self awareness, confidence and building healthy relationships.
Before founding her firm, Berry worked internationally in various industries, including hospitality, entertainment, high tech and government. She offers her clients a unique set of analytic and soft skills based on her background in law and human resources.
Having lived and worked in different cultures, Berry has an appreciation and understanding of intercultural communication challenges in both personal and professional relationships. Bilingual in English and Dutch, she continues to work with clients internationally throughout North and South America and Europe.
In addition to her work in private practice, Berry is an adjunct faculty member with The CLIMB Center at Portland Community College, where she facilitates Conflict Dynamics and Leadership Skills workshops. She is a certified Cinergy® conflict coach and facilitates basic conflict management coaching and mediation workshops in North America and Europe. During these workshops, Berry trains mediators, social workers, lawyers, ombudsmen and human resources professionals in the Conflict Coaching and Mediation learning process.
Berry is the USA Certified Distribution Partner for Jump Movement, a fast growing Dutch company providing self-organizing change management tools for all types of organizations. Read more about Jump Movement here.
Leadership and Professional Associations
- Portland Human Resource Management Association (PHRMA) ~ Board Member since 2008
- Oregon Mediation Association (OMA) ~ Board Member since 2011, Interim Executive Director (2014)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Northwest Coaches Association (NWCA)
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
Degrees and Certificates:
- Law degree (LL.M), University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Portland State University Human Resource Management Certificate
- Human Resources Certificate, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR, CP) ~ Certified since 2006
- Conflict Resolution Certificate, Marylhurst University, Lake Oswego, Oregon
Although Berry works internationally, she chose beautiful Portland, Oregon as her home after living in The Netherlands for thirty years. She is passionate about the outdoors. In Summer she spends her spare time enjoying wilderness hikes with family and friends, camping, kayaking and competitive sailing. In the winter you can find her skiing downhill on Mt. Hood and beyond.